The past few days have been really busy and it has been like grand central station here. My Grandpa Vanderbilt, who is 94 years old, had surgery on Friday. My mom had a minor operation on a tooth on Wednesday. Praise God that everything is going good for both patients.
This afternoon we went to the hospital to visit my Grandpa. He is in the Intensive Care Unit so they can monitor him closely because of his age. Micah really wanted to in and see Grandpa but they would not let him because he was under 14 years old. I told this to Grandpa and he said that meant a lot to him. He said he would of expected it from Jacob because he is so open with his feelings and always gives them hugs. But it meant a lot to him that Micah said that because he is so shy. I was very touched by that. Grandpa looked really good I thought and he was tired but was pretty talkative!
Hospitals can be so sad sometimes. There were a lot of distraught people in the waiting room. One of my dear friends called me this week because her mom died and being in the hospital brought so many emotions up for me.
It is so interesting to me how God works in our lives. On Thursday I just had a nudging on my heart that I should call this friend, who I have not talked to in a few weeks. So I did. I called her cell phone and she did not answer so I left a message. She called me back on Friday and told me that yesterday afternoon her mom died. You could call it a coincidence but I know it was God.
I also heard from Darrick tonight. The ship is in San Francisco for Fleet week. Tonight he was going to Fisherman's Wharf. They had to go in uniform and he said people were taking pictures of them. Tomorrow he has duty and will be giving tours on the ship. Monday he is going on a tour of Alcatraz and Tuesday he is going on another tour but I forget right now what it is of.
Saturday, October 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad everything went well for your Grandpa and Mom. :o) Looking forward to seeing you and the boys on Sunday! xoxo
I glad to hear about your family and sorry for your friend. I pray that God will watch over all your loved one while you wait to be reunited again.
Post a Comment