I got an email from Darrick that said they are now in Singapore. Hopefully he will be able to call us-it would be so great to hear his voice and talk to him.
I didn't really have any big plans for me and the boys today but then my friend Sonya called and invited us over to swim at the pool in her apartment complex. Ironically we know that pool very well because it is the pool the boys had private swimming lessons in last summer. We got there at noon and they swam until 4. They got out occassionally to munch on some pretzel sticks and drink some water but then it was right back in the pool!
My neighbor let us borrow their copy of "Nanny McPhee"-it is called the new Mary Poppins. It was really good and the boys loved it. There was one part I did not like because they use some "bathroom" language but the rest was good.
One last story. Included in the goodie bags from the boys pirate birthday party at the beginning of the year was treasure. Included in this treasure was beads and gaudy rings. This weekend Jacob was playing with one of those rings and came up to me and said "Mom, when I get big like Daddy, I'm goign to marry you with this ring!" It was one of the best things to hear as a mom. It will be a bittersweet moment someday when I am not his favorite girl.
__________________________________________________
I just got off the phone with Darrick. We were able to talk for an hour. It was so great. We laughed becaused I almost talked the whole time, I just had so much to tell him. But he did ask a lot of questions. It is 9 pm Monday here and it was 3 pm Tuesday for him. He said it is hot and humid. He said he will try to post of his adventures while in Singapore-so keep checking back!
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment