Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Scary Night

Hello everyone, Jenn and I are sorry we have not been good about posting. I have been on vacation and we have been busy. As you can see Micah got a new bike. It was not for Christmas it was because he rode his bike to school on Friday morning December 15th and when I picked him up I loaded him in the car and forgot his bike. Well when we remembered it on Tuesday the next week it was gone. Jenn and I felt like we should get him a new one because I forgot it and he needed a larger one anyway and they were 20% off and the exchange. So now he has a full size bike and he loves it and does very well on it.


So what was the scary night about?

Last night, Tuesday night, Jacob was playing at a friends house with Micah and they suddenly came home with Jacob crying and him throwing up on our porch. We took his temperature and it was 102.4 so we gave him Tylenol and a warm bath and that seemed to bring it down some but we kept him on the couch by us so we could watch him. So we were watching TV when Jenn looked at Jacob and said "Darrick Jacob is shaking" so I looked at him and jump up shouting "He's having a seizure!" So we tried to talk to him when he stopped (about 30 seconds, an eternity) and he was really unresponsive so I said we should call 911. Then we got our neighbor Wil to see what he thought and he agreed so we called 911 and they sent an ambulance. They gave him an IV and took him to Tripler Army Medical Center. Then Margaret came over to stay with Micah, who was sleeping and unaware of this, and I drove to Tripler. About two hours after his seizure Jacob finally snapped out of it and became himself again. They did some blood test, urine test and took some x-rays and said that everything was fine and that he had a Fever Seizure. So we were home by midnight and today he had a little fever still but was in pretty good spirits. He doesn't remember much about last night which is probably good so he is not scared. He was such a trooper though and we are so thankful to God that He was taking care of Jacob. So that was our scary night.


There is a lot more we can share about our Holidays. We will be sure to write about them later. Check out the present Elijah gave to Jacob for Christmas. It is on his head in case you didn't figure that out.

Darrick

2 comments:

PealzfromShelz said...

We are so so thankful that everything turned out okay for Jacob and you guys! Oh how very VERY scary. Praise God He is the physician. Merry Christmas Hugz and Happy New Year's Blessings to you from us Normans!

Lee Jones said...

I'm relieved to see the end of the post... looks like he is OK. *whew*