Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kung Hee Fat Choy


Last week Friday, in Micah's class they celebrated Chinese New Year-the year of the Boar. It is so interesting living where there is a huge Asian population-we never celebrated things like that when I was in school!

2 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

They're celebrating Chinese New Year in Kaitlyn's classroom too. But...this week. I guess they're a litte late. :) They learned about the Chinese New Year, dressed up in Chinese clothing, and watched a beautiful video of a Taiwanese dance performance. The teacher took a picture of each child in their Chinese clothing and Kaitlyn looked so cute! I'm going to try to get her to email me the pic.

Whay does "Kung Hee Fat Choy" mean?

Lee Jones said...

"Kung Hee Fat Choy" (恭喜发财) would be the Cantonese pronunciation of "congratulations and may you be prosperous", a New Year greeting...