Thursday, September 17, 2009

Washington

We finally have Internet and I have a moment to update our blog! Saturday morning we made our final drive into Washington. We were so excited to enter our new home state and cheered as we crossed the bridge, it could also be because it meant we were almost done riding in the car.

We spotted the Space Needle as we neared Seattle and the sign for the Navy Base.
The scenery was beautiful and it was an awesome sunny day.

Before we knew it we saw a sign for our new hometown: Marysville!
We finally pulled up to our new house and were greeted by our landlords, Ron and Rose. They are quickly becoming friends as well as landlords.
Saturday after seeing the house, Ron and Rose drove us around and showed us how to get from our house to the base and how to get to the exchange and commissary. They are retired military and it is so nice to have them as a resource. They said the commissary and exchange are not the cheapest places to shop and the gas is more expensive, which is so different then Hawaii. We stayed at the Navy Lodge that night and enjoyed a nice dinner out at the Golden Corral thanks to a gift card from Ron and Rose.
Before we knew it Monday was here, the day the movers came! It is such a good feeling to know you are getting all your stuff but not a good feeling knowing all the work that lies ahead. As the movers were getting started one of our neighbors came over and introduced herself and welcomed us to their neighborhood with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. They are Christians and one of her daughters homeschools and the other teaches at a Christian school. Awesome!
Once things got started, it moved pretty quickly. We had a total of 8 crates!


We only had one thing damaged. One of the posts on our headboard, at the bottom got cracked and a long sliver came off.
I think the kitchen is always the worst to unpack so we do that first. There is just so much to unwrap, you end up with mountains of paper.

And then comes the task of figuring where everything goes and fits. I am happy to say that today is Thursday and we are almost totally unpacked. I can't stand dragging it out.
Darrick reported to work today and was home by 3:00! We are loving shore duty and it is just starting!

6 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

I hear joy and excitement as I read your post...and it makes me so happy. :) I am thrilled for you guys. God has truly blessed you and I cannot wait to see what else He has in store for you.

B is for Boring said...

Glad you guys are getting settled! Praise God the trip went smooth.

Anonymous said...

Yea! We are so happy for you and have been thinking of you this week. Sounds like God is confirming to you that He is going before you and that is a real comfort! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!!! It sounds like a great trip, nice people can move you, and hopefully everything is finding a nice spot to belong! Looks great!
Congrats! Beth

ChaseHughes said...

I am so happy to read this! I know you guys are going to love it there ... and we can't wait to visit! =)

JenHomesley said...

oops. i just left that comment under the name 'chase'