Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kelly and Max

Today we were so blessed to see our dear friends from Hawaii, Kelly and Max. Kelly and her husband John traveled with me to Africa to adopt their son, Max. Kelly's sister lives about 20 minutes from us. Kelly flew out to see her family and celebrate her niece's birthday. We were invited to the party which was at the Everett's Children's Museum.

I think that Max and Naomi will always have a special bond because they shared some many experiences together. They were sharing food and Naomi was always making sure Max kept his mouth clean!

The museum itself was AWESOME, we will be back for sure. On the roof they had these cool play structures, dinosaur area and music making area.

Inside it is all interactive and hands on. They had an airplane, farm area, trains, restaurant, water play area and more!






We loved every minute of it and the time we got to spend with Kelly and Max. They are like family to us and we love them dearly. They are the first people we have seen that we know since we moved to Washington and it was so hard to say goodbye without any tears.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I am jealous!! I look forward to the day when we can all get together. You guys are so amazing. I love that we are not in this journey alone! I am thankful that we have the technology today to be friends even though we have never met in person.

KellyR said...

Hi guys. It was so special that you came down to see us...I wish so much that we had more time with you. We miss you so much, and I just had to walk out that door and not think about the fact that you were still in there! Thank you so much for spending a chaotic morning with us. We love you all!

The Gonzalez Family said...

Oh, how great! Looks like you guys had fun! We can't wait to visit you guys someday! Love you and miss you!

Nicole said...

It must have been so nice to visit Oahu again! Good for you guys - looks so fun!