Thursday, July 01, 2010

Adoption Update

Darrick and I have been placing calls to our social worker for awhile, trying to find out the status of our adoption case. We couldn't get a hold of her so we finally called the agency. I guess they contacted her because we heard from our social worker today and we are frustrated and a bit angry.

She said she wanted to apologize to us. She has been having some personal problems in her marriage so she has not finished our report yet or turned it in to the licenser. She started it in January...grrr.

Our background checks came back from Hawaii over a month ago. So she tells us she will submit our packet to the licenser by the end of July and we should be ready to be matched with our kids in August. Well that is bad timing, Darrick leaves August 8.

I explained to her that Darrick is being deployed. In that case the state views me as a single parent for that year Darrick is gone. So she wants to place one foster child with us and then when Darrick gets back she can place another foster child with us. I reminded her that we do not want to do foster care, we want to adopt and we want to adopt siblings.

Lord, what do you want us to do here? How do we get to the kids you have chosen for us?

2 comments:

KellyR said...

Adoption. More and more crazy the more I am involved. So frustrating! I definitally feel for you and know how maddening this can all be. You just have to wonder who exactly is watching out for these kids.

Wish I was there so we could talk this out. I miss you.

Laura said...

Jenn,
You have been on my heart the last few days. I can only imagine your frustration. The only thing that comes to my mind is that maybe the children God has for your family will not be ready until after Darrick's deployment. Maybe one of them is not born or even in the foster care system yet. That is so frustrating, but I know Isaiah and Laila were meant for our family and God's timing was perfect. I am praying God will give you peace as you discern His will in all of this.