Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Adoption Update

Since Darrick left for Deployment, our second adoption has been on hold.  UJIMA, our adoption agency, asked us to contact them when Darrick is about a month from coming home.  So I am happy to report that today I made the call. I am happy for 2 reasons: one, because that means we are close to Darrick coming home and two, because we are getting the ball rolling again for our second adoption!

Today I found out that since we bought a home and moved our first step is to update our homestudy.  Our Social Worker needs to come out and see the new house and file the papers for approval again.  Once we are approved then we can be matched with a child.

This process is a lot different from our African adoption experience.  Today I gave the agency what we think would be the right fit for our family: a girl, 2-4 years old, any race excluding white and legally free.  Legally free means that the birth parents rights have been terminated and the child is able to be adopted.

Everyday our agency receives lots of emails looking for families or foster families all over WA state.  The agency then watches for a child to come up that fits our requests and they think would be a good match.  Then the childs social worker will be contacted and then if they think it will be a good fit we will make a time to met the child.

Darrick and I decided today that we are both going to start praying each day for the little girl God has planned for our family.  Will you join us?

3 comments:

melanabontrager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melanabontrager said...

i am so thankful for you and your family, jenn! we love each of you and cant wait to meet the daughter that we are trusting God to add to your family! praying with you!

Anonymous said...

YAY! God is so good... He has chosen that sweet little girl already! So glad your WHOLE family will be together soon! Praying for you guys=) Love and miss you all.