Sunday, September 11, 2011

Our First Weekend Project

 This weekend we started on our first project in our home.  We decided to start with something small that would still have a nice impact.  We decided to paint and fix up our one bathroom.  I had a bit of a color scheme in mind, one that matches our bathroom towels, so we got a few paint samples.  We left them on the walls for a few days and then decided we liked the top one best, which was called Cay.
 It was really easy to start because everything in the bathroom is white.  We just needed to tape off some things and get started.  Our plan was to paint the top half of the wall and ceiling Cay.


 It only took a few hours one afternoon.  I did most of the painting which was nice because it gave me time alone to think.  My Grandpa had just passed away and I found out one of my best friends has breast cancer, it was a rough day for me.


Our house was built in the 1920's so I wanted to keep a little with that time.  I use a mason jar to hold our tooth brushes.  I found these cute towel holders at Kohl's.  I had been searching for months for towel hangers with glass knobs and couldn't find them anywhere.  Then one day I walked into Kohl's and found these.




There are a few more finishing touches I am working on and then I will post final pictures!