Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Case Closed

Today we got a call that we were not expecting.  It was from our social worker.  To get the story straight I had to ask her to repeat it to me and I still feel like I don't totally understand.  But here is what she said:

After she did our updated homestudy, she submitted it for us to get our license to adopt.  But because we moved she sent it to the old district and apparently because we are in a new city now, we have a new district.  So she got the old district to send it on to the new one.  When the new person in charge got it, it was past the 30 day time period you have to submit it. Our social worker asked her to overlook it and they would not and the district closed our case.

So what does that mean you may wonder?  Well we went from being licensed foster parents to renewing our license to now not having a license at all.  And as far as they are concerned we need to start the process all over again from square one.

Our social worker apologized over and over and said if we want to start again she will fill out all the paper work for us and all we have to do is sign.

We are still trying to get over the shock and decide what we want to do.  Is this God closing the door?  Is this Satan getting in the way?  Is this a test to see if we will hang in there?  Should we pick a new agency?  Are we supposed to adopt again?  Maybe not local, maybe international again?

Please pray with us as we try to hear God as He leads us.

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

I haven't been keeping up with all the blogs I read and I just saw this post. Any updates? Are you still praying about it? We'll be praying on your behalf about this. It sounds very confusing, and I can understand how you wonder if this is God closing the door or not.

XOXOX