Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Making a house a Home

 When I was growing up, for as long as I can remember, my parents measured me and my brothers and marked our height on the wall.  It was in the kitchen.  One year when my Grandma was helping my mom clean, she did not know what it was and wiped the whole thing off the wall.  It was completely by accident but after that my parents kept our growth charts in a closet in the hall.  But by then I had pretty much reached my full height, but not my brothers.  The big joke now, is how I would still ask my dad to measure me and there are all these marks, at the same height, that represent me.  I never got any taller.

Darrick and I both wanted to measure the kids growth on a wall in our home now that we bought a house.  We decided on a door frame from the kitchen to the stairs that go up to the kids rooms.  Everyone was so excited to get measured and the kids insisted Darrick measure Oliver and put his mark on the wall too!
Naomi is first




Next is Oliver


Now Jake


Finally Micah



Micah is only 3 1/2 in. shorter then me!!!

No comments: