Today was our last day worshipping at Anuenue. We were surprised by our friends Troy and Bow giving each one of us a lei. Mine had beautiful flowers that smelled so sweet, Darrick's had really cool berries and leaves and the boys each got a candy lei-which they thought was so cool! It was really touching to know that we would be missed even though we were only there for about 4 months.
We are excited to look for a new church home. We have a couple in mind. Next week we are going to try Hope Chapel West Oahu. It was recommened to us by Troy and Bow. We checked out their website and it looks good so we will see.
The rest of our day was spent picking up the house, doing laundry and mowing the lawn. I went over to the Goodwill today because they were having a 50% off everything sale. I spent $47.00 and got a ton of stuff. About 10 children's videos and a lot of nice clothes for the boys. I even found a pair of new swim trunks for Darrick. It is pretty much like any other Goodwill except for 2 things: they play hawaiian music on the radio and I have never seen so many Aloha (Hawaiian) shirts in my life! They are all arranged by colors so it is just a rainbow of any type of Aloha shirt you could possibly want. I bought a few for the boys that were pretty cute. I love finding good deals!
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Hays... I have a good friend who goes to Hope Chapel... they are evangelical and stress community. I think you'll like them!
And... hey Marv... "aloha" is both a greeting and and a farewall. You were not wrong; your information was merely incomplete!
Post a Comment