Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day / Big Decision

Happy Mother's Day! I had a nice relaxing day. This afternoon Darrick and the boys took me out to dinner in North Shore to Kua'aina Burgers. We were told that this was the closest hamburger we would find to an In-n-Out Burger. The atmosphere was awesome and we were able to eat outdoors. It was really good but we think In-n-Out is still better. Then we walked across the street to Flavormania-Homemade Ice Cream and we had hot fudge sundaes, yummy! We then took the long scenic drive home and watched the sun set. It was beautiful. I hope all the moms reading this had a nice day, now I'm handing it over to Darrick...

Well here I am. I am writing tonight to tell you about a decision we finally made. I think everybody knows that our Pastor at Anuenue is leaving for Colorado in June. Well the church was asking for people to pray about and decide if they were going to stay or leave the church. Jenn and I have been praying. I have been feeling that we should leave but I wanted to be sure that it was God telling me that and not me. I have to be honest I was feeling like "here we go again, Friendship all over." They are even looking to raise up someone from the inside of the church. Last week Jenn finally got her answer from God saying we are not suppose to stay at Anuenue so that was the answer that we were looking for. I was sensing that I would not be able to serve the way they would need with my terrible schedule with work. We will be looking for a new church again. So please pray for us to find the right church home here in Hawaii.

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

That is a very brave thing to do. I think most of us would fear change more than we desire the right thing. I sincerely hope God will bring you to another good church.