Monday, January 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Today our little Jacob has turned 3! It is so hard to believe and seems just like yesterday that he was born...

It was a Thursday morning and I woke up about 5 am to go to the bathroom and noticed some blood. I was sure this was it because that was the same way my labor started with Micah. I had an appt. at the doctor that morning so we just waited. At the appt. they hooked a monitor to me and I had no contractions so they said I should just go home and wait. But my instincts told me different and so I asked to be checked by a dr. No doctors were available so we had to wait. When we were finally seen she said "Wow! You are going to have a baby today, you are 4 cm and the head is down. You should get to the hospital."

So we stopped by my parents to drop off Micah's car seat and over night stuff and went to the hospital. The dr. checked me and I was at a 5 so he said let's get things going and broke my water. And then the pain started. I opened from a 5 to an 8 in three contractions and it felt like my body was ripping in half. I wanted an epidural but the guy was in surgery so they gave me some pain medication. They switched me to a different room and then the guy came to give me an epidural. Soon after I was ready to push and in 3 pushes he was out.

What a blessing he is to us. He is active and busy. Makes up stories and hits when he loses his temper. He loves his blankie and sucking his thumb. He loves to cuddle and is very friendly.

Darrick is out to sea this week and will be for Micah's birthday so we are celebrating both of their birthdays on Feb. 4 when Darrick will be home for the weekend.

3 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!
--uncle Sam!

Nicole Leonard said...

Happy birthday Jacob!

Wow - 3 years old already?! And I didn't know you didn't go to the hospital until you were 5cm, Jenn! Wow! I was at the hospital at 2cm and felt like I was DYING! :)

Lee Jones said...

Wow, time flies! Happy Birthday!