Thanks to the link that Darrick found me I was able to find the lyrics and some history on the song:
*Pharoah Pharoah was based on the song Louie Louie, written by Richard Berry in 1955
*As seniors in High School Tony Sbrana and two friends wrote and performed a Rock Opera as their Bible as Literature final project.
*One of the songs they wrote was Pharoah Pharoah, just for laughs, and everyone liked it so they kept it.
*Also at the same time Tony was also doing music with a friend Rick Riso and decided to perform it at a retreat. A producer heard it and suggested they do an album, so they did. But they had to leave Pharoah Pharoah off because they didn't know how to get parody rights. But they still performed it in concert.
*Apparently someone at one of their shows heard it and started doing it with their youth group. And it caught on quickly and took on a life of its own.
The boys and I sang it after dinner and they loved it. Yes! I am helping the song live on! Sorry Sam!
Today we got 2 packages from my brother Sam. One was a beautiful print I had ordered from him called "Embrace". You can see it on his art link on the right side. I already hung it up and it looks great. The second package was for Micah and Jacob and they each got the cutest monkeys. They love them! They have magnets on their hands and feet so they can stick together. But of course the boys had to figure out what else they could stick too like the fridge and the washing machine. See the pictures below.
Also today is my Grandma Vanderbilt's 87th birthday. I called her to wish her a happy birthday. It was so great to talk to her-there is nothing like a grandma's love for you. Happy Birthday Grandma, may God continue to bless you and bless us by having you in our lives! We love you!
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jenn, I'm so glad your like your print. It's beautiful, huh? I'm glad the boys like thier monkey's too. Mom said that they are into monkeys right now becasue of Curious George.!
I don't think I have ever heard that song!
I also love "Embrace." Too bad it's sold out... I was thinking that was the next print of his I wanted to get.
Are you watching American Idol? I'm excited for this week. Let me know who your favorites are... :)
xoxo
Post a Comment