Well about now my parents should be landing at LAX. I can't believe how fast our time together went. It is just so great being with them. It feels so good and safe, familiar and comfortable. The boys had a hard time with them leaving. Micah cried off and on all day saying he missed Nana and Papa. Jacob kept crawling in their suitcases while they were packing and telling them he didn't want them to go. When we got home and I walked past the guest room and I felt sad, it looked so empty.
But we had such a good time. Yesterday we thought it looked ok to venture out even though we got the occasional rain shower. Our first stop was turtle beach and there was a turtle there! Mom said she wished she could see a turtle coming out of the water but this one was sleeping. We also took some time to crawl on rocks and just enjoy the beauty of the beach. Micah and I went exploring on the rocks. At one point we saw a baby honu (turtle) right by the rocks. It was amazing.
Then we stopped at Stortdo's deli and picked up sandwiches to go. We drove to the beach and had a nice picnic. We were all prepared with our umbrellas and put them up when it rained and back down when it stopped. As we just sat down to eat our lunch a turtle crawled up on the beach-it was awesome-we had never seen that before. Then after a few minutes it crawled back into the sea. It was as if it heard my mom's wish. The boys played in the waves and mom and I tried to take a walk on the beach but the angle of the beach and soft sand made it hard. When you stepped your foot sank and the sand went up to your ankles. We kept tripping and bumping into each other and had a lot of laughs.
After the beach we went to Flavormania. Everyone except dad had a hot fudge sundae, dad had mango ice cream on a cone. Then we drove back home.
It is still raining here...it has been almost 5 weeks and we have barely seen the sun. So we hung out at home after the airport.
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey, I was just watching the news and they were saying that Hawaii is having a record amount of rain! Crazy. Hey, I got my tickets for Hawaii. I'm flying out there on May 15, and will fly back on May 24!
It's really neat that the turtle came out to say "hi" to your mom. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment