Hello this is Darrick again. It is still raining here but we are hoping it ends by Sunday when our next guest get here.
I had my post operation appointment Monday and they say I am healing fine. I still have some bruising and swelling and a few sharp pains and some aches. I just want be 100% by the Hoppers May deployment. I know that may sound crazy but it is my job. I don't want to do all the hard work it takes to get ready for a deployment and not go.
This week we found some time to take the boys to the zoo between all the rain. They have a new children's area it is really cool. It has a koi pond with a hollow log through it where kids can go in and look through windows and also pop up in the middle of the pond. They have an area where they can dress like zoo keepers, goat petting, cow milking, baby cows, pigs, miniature horse, llama and guinea pigs. The cow was fake and the nipples were rubber and water came out. They had a great time and the benches were there for me.
Today we got groceries and some other supplies and then we had our friend Sonja over for dinner. She was on my first ship in New Jersey with me. We had BBQ chicken, rice and salad.
that's all for now
Darrick
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you are healing up, bro!
Post a Comment