Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catching Up

Thursday: We hosted our first mini church at our house. The shepherds (leaders) are Mike and Susan Ching and we are the host family. It is at our house every Thursday from 7-9pm. My friend Margaret comes over and takes care of the kids in our playroom while the adults have the study. It went really well.

Friday: We babysat Loretta most of the day so her mom, Margaret, could attend a conference for Head Start. I even braved the grocery store with all 3 kids and it went really good.

Saturday: Bright and early (7:30) we met our friends Margaret, Loretta, Tonya, Deja, Jalen and Tayveon at the Wright Bros. Cafe for breakfast. It was so fun. Then we all walked down the path to the ocean and looked at fish and searched the rocks for hermit crabs and other sea life. Then I did my usual Mow the lawn. Then at 3:30 we picked up our friend Nadine and we went to a swim party at Troy and Bow's house. We had such a great time and reconnected with friends and met new friends. One couple was was Redlands and Rialto!

Sunday: We got up and went to church. I was extremely exhausted and so were the boys. We made plans to go to the beach at 2:00 with Sedrick and Nadine. So after lunch we layed down for a nap and did not wake up until 5 pm. I couldn't believe it! So we missed our beach outing.

Monday: We had a few Doctor appts. and Nadine was able to first watch Jacob and then watch Micah and Jacob. This morning I was trying to clip Moses' toenails and clipped too far. Apparently dogs have veins in their nails and it bled so much it scared me so I knocked on Margaret's door for help. She helped me but it was scary.

Darrick bought a special cell phone that works over seas that works by him buying a special card in each port and then he can call us more often. It has been great. Tonight he got to say goodnight to the boys and sing "Jesus loves Me". It was so cute to hear Jacob singing it with Daddy while holding the phone.

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

I'm looking forward to having a bible study at home, as well, now that we're in a bigger place! The term "shepherd" scared me at first, but then I remembered that you go to Hope Chapel.

So glad that Derrick can call home more often! FYI, Skype is free to North America (requires a PC), plus I'm guessing they're not allowed to use VOIP on Naval Internet connections.