Thursday, July 20, 2006

And the guests are...

Papa and Nana Gutierrez! Yes, they were here a few months ago in the spring and are now back-they are really living the retired life! They came to visit us and give me help and a break while Darrick is deployed as well as help with transition as I go back to work.

After dinner tonight we all took a walk to enjoy the warm breeze and smell the plumeria. Once we got down to the crabs we all were taking our time looking around. All sudden Jacob started screaming like I have never heard him scream before. I turned around and there was about 10 wasps swarming around Jacob's head. My maternal instinct just took over and I started hiting them away with my hands. My mom and dad came running and helped and we got them away. I got stung once but poor Jacob had 2 on his hand, 3 on his ear and a few on the back of his neck.

We started searching the near by bushes and found a large wasp nest. Jacob walked by and bumped it with his head and they came out and attacked. Praise God he is alright!

Darrick called me late last night and they are now in Singapore. It had been weeks since we talked so it was extra good to hear his voice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! Poor Jacob! I hope he is feeling better tomorrow. He doesn't seem to have much "luck" with stinging things! I will ask Kai to pray for him to "get all bettah."

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

wow. crazy! I'm glad Jacob is alright! Say Hi to mom and dad for me!

Lee Jones said...

poor Jacbo! I'll pray, too.