Friday, August 04, 2006

All Hail the Chief!!!

Yes! Today Darrick called me and asked if I knew who it was...and I was like "yea, it's Darrick my husband" and he said, "It's DCC Selectee!" which means Damage Controlman Chief Selectee! Yes, Darrick made Chief! Throughout the entire US Navy 240 damage controlman first classes were eligable and 70 were chosen. Only 4 people on the Hopper made it. Now starts the 6 week initiation which is very intense and time consuming, but it is all worth it. So congratulations honey, I am so proud of you!

8 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

YES!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations DCC(SW)Hays! Just don't turn into our old crazy Chief DCC(SW) Scaica on the ol' USS Supply and work everyone to the bone! This is an amazing accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself I know that I am! Thanks for serving our Country! God Bless!

Matt Flint

Nicole Leonard said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You rock, Darrick!

Lee Jones said...

Yeah! [sings]Hail to the chief, he's the chief and we will hail him...[/sings] Congratulations! We'll hear from you in six weeks!

Anonymous said...

YAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congratulations, Darrick! You have worked hard for this and it is finally here!

Anonymous said...

Well alright Darrick! ***happy dancin***

Anonymous said...

Good job, Darrick!

Jeff

Troy and Bow in Paradise said...

Congratulations!!!!! Though I don't really know what it entails but it sounds so great! God bless you the Hays family.