This is it...our last day until Darrick comes home. I woke up and instantly got butterflies in my stomach. The boys and I have been busy making banners, getting haircuts, and of course cleaning things up.
The Hopper will be going through the channel at 8:00 am so it will be a early morning for us. We are going to go to Hickam Airforce Base and watch the ship come through. Then we will hop in the van and head over to Pearl Harbor to watch the ship pull in pier side. For being on the support group board I was given a VIP parking pass so I get to park up close!
Another ship that was out to sea with the Hopper will be pulling in 1 hour after us on the same pier so there is going to be a lot of people. Plus the Navy Band, and Hula dancers, it is going to be quite a celebration!
Today is also the last day of Darrick's initation to be Chief and it is an all nighter but then in the morning before they pull in he will be pinned as Chief and will be wearing his new uniform when we see him! Congratulations Darrick.
So today the cup art goes in the fences, the banners get hung up, and all of our last minute preparations get done...I think I better shave my legs!
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL!!!!!!!! That last line CRACKED me up, Jenn!!! What, have you not shaved them the whole time Darrick was gone? ;)
So excited for your reunion! May it be wonderfully blessed!
Yes! shave those legs!
Welcome Home DCC DARRRICK!
Matt :)
Post a Comment