Thursday, October 19, 2006

Blessed

Tonight I am feeling blessed...not because I have a kitchen filled with dirty dishes but the events of the day.

Jacob woke up with an upset tummy today so he and I stayed home. He is feeling better tonight and his appetite is back.

So since I was home I did some laundry and while I fold clothes my mind wanders and I got an idea. For the past few nights I have been researching schools for Micah in Washington. I found an amazing Christian school that just seemed to have evrything we are looking for, it is called Nothshore Christian Academy. So my idea was that I needed to call them and see if they have any openings for kindergarten starting in January. The woman I talked to was the Admissions Director and she was great and very friendly. And she told me that she just got notice of a kindergarten opening in January! So we took it and she is reserving it for Micah Hays. God is so amazing and has everything so perfectly planned, it is almost hard to wrap your brain around. Here is the link to the school if you want to check it out: http://www.northshorechristianschools.org/

Then this afternoon I got a call from a girl named Linda. She is the sister of my friend Gloria Bracamonte and her and her husband, Josh, just arrived here on island yesterday because they just got stationed here. This is their first move and they were feeling pretty lost. So I went to pick them up to hang out with us.

The neighborhood was having another BBQ since we still had defrosted food left over from Sunday after the earthquake. So I invited Linda and her husband Josh to join us. I know I have said this many times before but I love our neighbors. We are so blessed to have them. We truly have become the dearest of friends and all our kids just act like one big happy family. We had such yummy food and Tonya made a yummy chocolate pudding pie (by the way Tonya, I already ate my piece, so good thing we split it between us).

Darrick is out to sea this week but will be back tomorrow, which is the last thing I feel so blessed about. Monday morning I woke up to find a note from Darrick on the counter in the kitchen. He was just thanking me for supporting him and loving him through all the Navy throws at us and to tell me that he loves me. It really made my day and makes me feel warm when I think about it. I love you too Darrick and would follow you anywhere-but I prefer somewhere close to family and in the USA!

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

Having a supporting spouse is important, both ways... you (plural) are indeed blessed!