Friday, October 20, 2006

Letting God do His thing...

It never fails to amaze me how God works everything out for us in His time and not our own and also that He has such good things in store for us, better then what we think we want.

Once again, like I wrote before, I had our future all worked out. In the present moment I wanted San Diego so we could be 2 hours away from my family and because it was familiar to me. I wanted to send the boys the City Tree Christian School, where I use to teach when we lived there and I was going to try to get a job there. We knew living there was going to be expensive, but oh well, what could we do. Darrick and I have talked often about someday owning a home near the woods, we both love the outdoors and the forest. Darrick has also talked about wanting to live somewhere cheaper so we will be ok when he retires from the Navy. But those were our quiet desires for the future that we kept tucked away inside our hearts.

And then BAM out of nowhere God reveals His next step for our lives: Washington. God listened to our hearts and gave us what is best for us and not what I thought we needed. And today I had another comfirmation that this is the path God wants us on.

Today I talked to Jackie, who takes care of Jacob while I work, and told her that we are moving. She sat there a little amazed and said that her supervisors implemented some new rules for the providers that imposed on her family, like no home schooling your own children, etc... and she was considering quitting but was unsure what to do with finding another provider for Jacob. I told her we are leaving in December and that is the same time she was thinking of quitting! Can you even believe it? We love Jackie and the only reason we have Jacob there is because she and her family are Christians and that is the type of home we want Jacob in. But God is working it all out. I can't wait to see what He will do next!

4 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

wow. that's awsome!

Anonymous said...

Blessings on you guys for being so faithful!

Chief Darrick's got a ship!
Chief Darrick's got a ship!

WooHoo!

Nicole Leonard said...

God is truly AMAZING! Just when we think we have it ALL figured out... He gently whispers in our ear, "My child, I have something even better for You. Trust Me." And God will bless you for trusting Him.

Apparently cheese enchiladas aren't high on God's priority list though because there's no Acapulco in WA. But.... I guess you'll just have to trust that God knows what's best. ;)

Lee Jones said...

Isn't it always so amazing, all these "coincidences?"