Wow, what a day. It was a very challenging day for both of us as moms. The boys were all up at 5:30 and were cranky and tired most of the day but we made it.
We walked to the local train station and rode the train and even did two transfers. I really enjoyed the trains. They were very clean and comfortable and quiet. I mean the people, nobody talks and if they do they whisper to on another. We were always being watched by the Japanese people-we felt like a circus act.
We we got to our destination it was time for a bathroom break. Oh boy. In the restroom was one "western" toliet and the rest were Japanese style. Micah got the western one and Jacob and I did not. It basically looks like a small urinal in the ground with a bar in front to hold onto because you have to squat. Of course Jacob had to go #1 and #2 and he did it! I was so proud of him. But it was so dirty in the stall.
Then we bought our tickets to go on the Shinkasen or Bullet Train. It was amazing and truly a once in a life time experience. Through the city it was fast but once we got into more rural parts it flew! We rode the bullet train to Odawara and then got off. We walked about 10 minutes to Odawara castle. We climbed up to the top and had an amazing view. By the castle was also a kid park where the boys could ride these motorized cars and motorcycles around a track. The had a blast!
For dinner we had Japanese food. I had pork with greenbeans and rice, the boys had yakisoba noodles and we all tried gyoza.
The boys were exhausted and so are the moms.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like am amazing experience. A castle, bullet train, new food...!
I've seen pictures of Japanese toilets. Yikes. :/
JENN! Japan?!?!? OMG. I am so jealous. Please give Lauren hugs from the Kimura's.
I can't wait to read more about your Japanese adventure!
sounds great! It reminds me of when I was there!
Post a Comment