Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Big 5

Today is Jacob's real birthday and now he is 5 years old! I can hardly believe it. But you know I have found 5 to be a hard age to parent. I loved when both of the boys went through the 4's and so far 6 almost 7 for Micah has been great-but 5 stinks!

They are starting to try to be their own person and try to do more things and things they know they shouldn't. Darrick and I have both learned that 5 year olds know EVERYTHING and we know nothing. They also tend to be very dramatic and moody. And at late 4 and 5 they both picked up the word boring. Everything is SO Boring!

Thank goodness it is only a phase!

Also now that Jacob has turned 5 we put his special blankie into his memory box. He was fine with it and has only asked for it twice. But I have no idea how we are going to get him to stop sucking his thumb. The dentist and pediatrician both told us he needs to stop. Right now we are just not going to worry about it. Any thumb suckers out there?

Happy Birthday Jake! We love you so much! You are still our cuddler and love to be cozy. Somehow you are just cool, you don't try to be but you are one of those people who are, and people tell us that all the time. You make us laugh with the funny things you say and do and cry with frustration. May God continue to bless you and give us strength to parent you!

7 comments:

Jeff and Beth Gutierrez said...

Happy Birthday Jacob. You're card will be in the mail in a few days!!!

Jenny said...

Jackson sucked his thumb until he was 7. Nothing we tried made him stop, he just decided on his own to stop.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday 5 year old.
glad to hear your thoughts on 5 year olds. it makes it clear now why our oldest acts how he does. glad to hear things change at 6. was wondering what was going on in our home. now it makes sense :)
happy teaching again too jenn. must be fun to be back in it off and on.
Laura DeHaan

B is for Boring said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!

Anonymous said...

happy 5th BIRTHDAY, jacob!


Jenn- so which age *is* the best? my 4 yr old is pretty moody herself. boo :o)

bena said...

Happy 5th Birthday Jacob!

Love
Aunt Belinda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!
From what I hear from Nana and Papa you take after your mom. That is probably why I love you so much. May God bless you through this year and may He help you to be a big boy and make good decisions.
I am proud of you and love you so much.
Love,
Daddy