Yesterday our friend, Jennifer Homesley, came to stay with us overnight.
She is from Texas and is staying there, with family, and her 3 year old son Brayden while her husband Jeremy is deployed for 6 months. Since they would be gone so long before her husband left they moved out of housing. Well in order to get back into Navy housing and on the waiting list, the housing people told her she had to be her in person.
So she found a military space A flight, the kind we took to Japan, and flew to Hawaii. The only thing is that the flight was returning to Texas this morning at 8 am.
So she left her son Brayden with family and hopped on the plane. Her flight was to arrive at 1:45 and she made her housing appt. for 4:00 because it closes at 4:30. Well her plane ended up being late and didn't come in until 4:00.
Micah and I had arrived to the terminal at 1:15 to pick her up but were quite entertained by all the airplanes and helicopters landing and taking off. We were at the Marine Core Base. So when she did land we called housing right away and they said they would wait for her. We booked it over there and made it there at 4:35. Thankfully they saw her and she got on the list!
We had such a nice time hanging out and talking. She is 5 months pregnant and I got to feel the baby move! She also brought Darrick and I cool sweatshirts from the Hays store! I absolutely LOVE them.
This morning Darrick and Jennifer left at 4:45 am so he could drop her back off at the Marine Core Base terminal and then Darrick could get to work by 7:00.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No pics of the Hays sweatshirts?!?! :)
I'm with Nicole - I expected a pic Jenn...
Post a Comment