Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Camping with Micah






I have not written on the blog in a long time. This weekend Micah and I got to go camping with Cub Scouts. We had a great time together. I especially enjoyed watching Micah, he is so big now and is a great kid. I am not saying that because he is my son, it is because he really made me proud. He even won the Super Scouter Award, the leader said he got it because he exemplifies what being a Scout is about. They only gave 3 out over the weekend and he is one of the youngest kids. He really listens and does whatever he needs to do and helps everyone. I watched him do a Service Project, they had to spread mulch, and he worked very hard and never complained. Then he had a Tug of War and Micah really pulled hard and his team won. Then he had his swim test and did awesome. In the evening he had a skit and did great with that. For lunch we had MRE's (meal ready to eat) and he tried that and did pretty good with that because that is what the military guys eat. The only thing that did not go well was he was scared by a scary story and a guy the jumped out of the bushes to scare the kids. All this may not sound like a big deal but if you know our Micah and how shy he can be he was so awesome. I had a great camping trip with him. He also did great sleeping in the tent. I took a lot of pictures so I will put some of those on here.
Darrick

2 comments:

B is for Boring said...

Wow Micah is getting big... I was thinking the first time I met you guys; Darrick was toting Micah in a baby carrier at FCC...

Lee Jones said...

He's a growing boy. Good looking, too (takes after the mom, I see).

He's very blessed to have a loving dad like you, Darrick.