Monday, August 11, 2008

Jacob's First Day of Kindergarten



Today was Jacob's first day of kindergarten! And he and I both did great! I brought him to his class and Mrs. Kouchi was there to greet him. Once he found his seat I kissed him goodbye and I left.



All kindergarten parents were then invited to the BooHoo Breakfast in the library. They served us yummy food and then we were talked to by key school staff. Every table had tissues for the crying parents and they read us "The Kissing Hand" which was also being read to the kindergartners today in their class.



At each seat was this poem called "First Day"


Everyone has a "First Day"
when they feel sad and all alone.
It can be so scary
when you're out on your own.
Take my hankie, dry your tears.
You'll find lots of things to do
and you'll probably make new friends.
I promise we'll be together
when the school day ends.
Here comes the teacher,
blow your nose and be brave.
Come on now wipe your eyes,
this is no way to behave.
"Well, good morning teacher!
I really must beg your pardon.
No, Mommy doesn't always act this way.
But it's my first day of kindergarten!"



When I picked Jacob up he was smiling and anxious to show me what he had done that day. He told me he had fun and made a new friend named Cholie. At lunch he somehow got mixed up and ended up in the wrong class! (Sometimes Jacob doesn't watch where he is going or just goes his own way) His teacher did find him and it didn't seem to phase him at all. And best of all, he wants to go to back tomorrow!






2 comments:

Jeff and Beth Gutierrez said...

Good job, Jake!

Nicole Leonard said...

Wow! It's nice that they have all those "extras" for he parents. It seems like they are sensitive to the fact that the first day of kindergarten is just as hard on the mommies!

I hope Kait's school is like that when she starts...