I have never been the handiest person. Growing up with a super fix-it dad and 3 brothers I never fixed anything. I had never even pumped my own gas until I was married and Darrick was gone!
Since Darrick is out to sea often sometimes I get it in my head that I can fix something but alas, it has ended in some pretty big messes. Examples: the time I tried to install 3 mollies into a wall to hang a candle holder, result three huge holes in our wall. The time our rear view mirror fell off in the van and I super glued it into the holder instead of gluing the holder to the window first.
Well today was a beauty. Since I have been rearranging the whole house I have been taking it room by room. Today I was going to conquer the playroom. So after dropping Micah off at school, Jake and I headed upstairs. The door to the room was shut and when I tried to open it, I discovered that it was locked. Hmmmmmm...
First attempt is do wiggle the door knob in hopes that it will somehow unlock itself. That didn't work.
Second attempt is to get a bobby pin, straighten it out and wiggle it around inside the little hole on the door knob. No go.
Third attempt is to push a screw driver in there. Boo.
Fourth attempt and I brilliant idea I had-I'll climb out the boys window across the patio roof and into the playroom. I couldn't even get the screen out of the window.
Fifth attempt, another great idea, I'll unscrew the doorknob. Success, at taking off the door knob! But the bad part was the other side of the door knob fell into the locked room. I could now peek into the room but there was nothing to turn to actually open the door.
Finally admit that I should call the maintenance. When the guy comes he looks at the doorknob and screws on the ground and looks at me (note: he is not smiling).
He wiggles some tools in the door and lets out a big sigh. He then tells me he is going to break the molding around the door. He attempts to do this and then all of the sudden asks me if the window in the playroom is open. I tell him yes. So he gets up, pops the screen out and crosses the patio roof to the open window. He then successfully opens the door.
I clap and cheer and he just looks at me-funny that is the same thing Darrick does.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish I had been there to see it!
It sounds alot like me!
I LOVE IT!!! LOL!!
Hey, at least you can say yo gave it a good effort! :)
wow what an ordeal! I am pretty un-handy also so I feel ya...
Post a Comment