Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My trip to the ER

Yesterday, my Monday started off like any other Monday, getting up and getting the boys off to school. Except when I woke up I was extremely tired. So after I brought the boys to school I laid down and fell asleep. I woke up 4 hours later and my stomach hurt.

I thought it was gas. Throughout the day it got increasingly worse. Darrick had duty so I picked up the boys from school and helped them with their homework. Around dinner time the pain was so bad I couldn't lay down or sit. I was getting scared because it hurt so bad.

I could hardly stand it anymore so I called Darrick on the ship and asked him to take me to the ER. Our friend Pat took the boys while Darrick and I waited. It was packed in the ER and I had to wait over two hours. I was in terrible pain and it hurt to sit, stand or walk.

When I finally got in they put an IV in and took blood and gave me pain medication. Then they took me to xray to look at my stomach. When the results from the blood tests and xray came back, everything looked fine and couldn't find anything wrong.

The only thing they did say was that I had a lot of, ummm, stool, in my system. I was not constipated because I had actually gone a few times just that day. They said they thought the stool was causing all my pain which they said happens often to people.

So they sent me home with 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate to drink today. It is used to clean you out. So I have been at home, near the bathroom, all day but starting to fell better!

3 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Wow! I thought at first you were going to say that you had to have your gall bladder taken out!!! :)

Glad you're beginning to feel better.

:) josefina :) said...

Jenn! Glad you are feeling better. Hopefully soon you will be back to "normal".

I rushed over here to see if you posted anything about the ER trip - I read your status on FB.

Take care!

B is for Boring said...

wow - hope your feeling better!