Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes

All summer the boys have been participating in the public library's reading program. Every week they needed to turn in a form with the books they read and then they received a prize. One of the prizes that they got were free tickets to see a Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Game. The Quakes are the minor team that the California Angels recruit their players from. The boys have never been to a game in a big stadium so I thought this would be a good chance to do so! It was also recycle Tuesday so if you brought in 10 cans you got a free ticket and we had a buy one get one free ticket so we only ended up paying a total of $8.00!

As the game got started my dad bought some kettle corn that we all enjoyed sharing!

It was a beautiful night and the mountains were so awesome.

We all loved doing the cheers and clapping along to the music. Naomi was even broadcast on the big screen while she was standing on her chair dancing! The kids got quite a kick out of watching the Quakes mascot Tremor, who is a dinosaur. Jake was even able to get a picture taken with him!

Our favorite player of the night was Jake Rife and we cheered every time he was up to bat. The kids decided to cheer for him because he had the same name as Jacob.

I definitely see more ball games in our future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great time. I wish I was there :(
I was told by a guy who moved here from Everett that there is a minor league team there that is fun to go watch.
Darrick

B is for Boring said...

fun times - I used to love the quakes when I was a kid!