Friday, December 04, 2009

Our Friday

So this morning I am doing the dishes after breakfast. I look out the window and this is what I see...

My camera was right there so I took some pictures from the kitchen window. What is with this kid? I better keep him away from frozen metal when it gets colder!

Darrick had to work until 5:30 pm tonight, which is the latest he has worked since he started on shore duty, because he is in charge of the Pearl Harbor Remembrance Ceremony on the Base. So we were not able to go on our Friday outing. But tonight after dinner, we put on the Christmas music and decorated the tree. Then we watched the Polar Express and drank Hot Chocolate.



And just in case you are wondering, my beautiful angel, that I made in 2ND grade , it sitting proudly at the top of our Christmas Tree. I know this makes my brothers so happy to see that she still lives on!

5 comments:

Carrie Elliott said...

Nothing like appropriate seasonal weather! Every man has to laugh at that picture cause I would venture to guess we have ALL done that at some point! Thanks for all y'alls notes. I wish y'all were here to share with once Carrie gets back with those rascals.

KellyR said...

Oh this was just too good. Add a little pepper to that railing and Jacob had himself a nice snack:)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like great evening with the christmas tree, music, hot chocolate, and the Polar Express! That is the movie Jeff and I watched on our first date in the movie theater! I hope the season continues to bring so much joy! Beth

Mandy said...

Looks like so much fun! Now that you're living in Washington, you'll have to work on getting a real tree :)

B is for Boring said...

Tree looks great...