Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Knowing what is important

It is time for me to refocus. There are just some things in my life right now that are consuming too much of me. Life is slipping by faster every day and I need to simplify. At times like this I often think of the verse where God commands us to be still and know that He is God. I just don't seem to have a lot of time to be still anymore and knowing that we will be blessed with two new additions sometimes this year I have got to make some changes.

So what is important to me?
  1. God and our relationship
  2. My family-Darrick and the kids
  3. Living an uncommon life
  4. Homeschooling
  5. Extended Family/Friends

If things I occupy my time with do not contribute in a positive way to something that is on my list, it has to go.

One thing that is sucking my time away is the computer...so I am ending our blog.

It is hard to believe that my first blog post was on March 18, 2005! Five years has really flown by. How much our life has changed and oh how much we have grown-spiritually and physically and emotionally.

We love those you who have followed our blog faithfully, loved us and encouraged us through comments. At times it has been hard having our life be such an open book but we have also been blessed by it. I wish I could track over the past 5 years all the people who have read our blog!

I will also be taking time off from Face Book...God, my husband, my kids and my sanity are my priorities.

But don't worry, our adventures will continue and we will follow wherever God leads us!

Thanks for being a part of our lives through our blog...

8 comments:

:) josefina :) said...

we will miss your blog, Jenn! I totally understand why you are doing this; online stuff can suck away tons of real life time.

Maybe you could post once a month? Or once a quarter (like me, LOL - inside joke)?

Looking forward to hear how God will bless you during your time of Sabbatical!

Nicole Leonard said...

I completely understand, Jenn! I haven't been posting as much on my blog either... I have too many other things going on that are higher on the priority list.

I will definitely miss your blog though - I enjoyed keeping up with the Hays family through your commentary and photos. :)

Will you keep posting to your homeschooling blog?

xoxox
Nicole

Jeff and Beth Gutierrez said...

No way! I love reading your blog and feel much more connected with you through it.

Anonymous said...

having and keeping up with a blog is so time consuming. thanks for talking me into creating one for myself--almost 4 years ago! =) knowing and keeping priorities in order is hard work-i am proud of you for making this decision!
...we will miss your blog!

KellyR said...

Strange...when I read about the end of the blog I cried. A tough decision, but I know too in my heart how time consuming the computer is. I am glad that we can stay connected in different ways...but miss the blog.

The Gutes said...

I feel more connected to you thru the blog too...dave was talking about stopping ours but I said it would be sad for those who do follow and keep up with us that way. I mentioned I feel connected to you b/c of your blog. :( Sad to know it won't be that way anymore...but by no means am I saying you shouldn't get rid of it to focus on priorities! What great discipline! I look forward to seeing how God will grow and change you this year b/c of the choices you are making!!! How exciting!!! (I guess we have to go to using the old phone now???) ;)

Anonymous said...

Jenn, it was great following your life through your blog :) When you spoke about life changes and how you were being molded and stretched...it challenged me. Thanks for sharing...God bless you in this year and in the changes that come to you and your family!
your old Dordt College roomie, Laura

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

Really???
I feel more connect to you guys through your blog. It's a great way for our family to keep in contact with each other. I check it almost every day.