Sunday, March 14, 2010

You convinced me...

Ok, OK I'm sorry. I get the message! I have now changed our blog to a by invitation only and have only invited my immediate family and their wives!!!

I am not sure how often I will be able to post but I will try to maybe every week or two weeks. I am glad you all feel connected to us through our blog.

Here is a little update on our situation:

Money has been tight since we moved here because we lost half of our pay moving from Hawaii to WA. A few months ago Darrick got a second job to help us through this rough spot. He cleans a KIA car dealership 4 nights a week from 9pm-12am. Needless to say he is exhausted.



Things have been hard with Naomi lately. We are trying to learn as much as we can from Bethany about trauma and how it affects a child. Some days are awesome and some days are bad. She has certain things that seem to trigger her, we are trying to figure them all out. When she is triggered she starts to "dis regulate" as they call it. When this happens it is out of our hands and we just have to ride the wave. They compare it to a frightened animal who just reacts. At these times she hits us, pinches us and claws us. While mom and dad were here she bit down on my finger so hard it almost broke the skin. Some days after dealing with her, homeschooling, cooking dinner and doing laundry, getting the kids to bed and Darrick off to his night job I am just too exhausted to write on our blog.

We like Washington but after 6 months now it still does not feel like home. We have no friends, which is hard for us because we love being social and having friends to hang out with. We have struggled a lot with finding a church. We like the church we are at but do not love it. There is no diversity. Naomi is the only non-white person in the church. It is very traditional CRC. But the people are awesome just not many are our age.

I love Homeschooling! But it keeps me super busy. I love the group we joined and so do the boys. I feel like we have grown so much closer as a family and that I knows my kids so well. I thought it would be hard having them with me all the time because I use to really enjoy when they went to school but it is good.

We are happy but we miss family a lot. It was great having mom and dad here and hard to see them go. We are thinking that we would like to be stationed in San Diego next. It drives me crazy that I have not met Jonas yet and I miss Elijah, Natalie and Amelie (Charlie and Maud's daughter).

So there are things in a nut shell! Love you all!!!

5 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

yea!!!
you're back!
THANKS!!!! :)

Jeff and Beth Gutierrez said...

Update when you can. We know you're busy. :)

The Gutes said...

Thanks for keeping the blog and for sharing where you are with stuff...boy, I understand being exhausted at the end of the day. It's been hard for me adjusting to 3 kids(somedays lots harder than others)...anyway, I'm glad you will still be posting at times so we can stay connected...and we would LOVE you in San Diego!!!!! We love you!

KellyR said...

Auntie Jenn-I feel very honored to be able to still view your blog. I felt like a part of our life was closing a chapter when I thought of life abroad without your blog. We love being able to keep up on your family. Our family:) Ok, everyone else on here has much more of a connection to you, but I do think of you like a sister, and draw so much on what you think and do. Especially when it comes to family and kids. Jenn...I am exhausted on a daily basis and I have 1:) You are such an awesome advocate for Naomi and she is so lucky to have big brothers to guide her through life and show what is right and wrong. Your boys have such a solid base that this will only help to nurture her. I wish we were closer to you geographically. We love you and will be thinking of your family as you get through this time in your life. Love, Kelly

Unknown said...

Thanks for the love! Love the blog and you guys! Just hang in there and everything will be just fine. Just take each day one at a time!