Thursday, July 29, 2010

Organization helps me deal

By far, the boys favorite toy for years has been LEGOs. We have bought them and people have given them to us and they have gotten a bit out of control. We have them stored in a HUGE tub but this is not an ideal situation. The boys can never find the parts they want so they dump them, and they get all over their room. Oliver tries to chew them, Darrick and I step on them, it is the pits! Have you ever stepped on a LEGO with no shoes? It hurts!

One day when we were at Costco I saw this amazing storage unit and right away I thought about the boys LEGOs. We waited a few weeks and then we bought it-I needed Darrick's help .

I knew this was the perfect project for me right now. When certain things in my life are out of control, like Darrick going to Cuba for a year, I organize. At least I can control something and I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when the task is completed.

Well it has taken me 2 weeks but today I finished separating the LEGOs into their correct bins. At times I wanted to scream because there were just so many pieces. I would try to get the boys to help me but they would discover a piece they had not seen for a long time and they would end up building and playing. I was better off by myself. Here is what my finished project looks like!


4 comments:

KellyR said...

Holy Cow! Come on over, we need you:) That looks painstaking, but AWESOME. I love to be organized, I function so much better. I can't wait to be organized:)

KellyR said...

I love how you gave them a bin for their works in progress. You could use an accounting term...WIP:)

B is for Boring said...

Funny... when I get overwhelmed I clean...deep clean...scrub...scour...

The lego project is awesome... I wish I had one of those when I was a kid... mine were in a huge tub as well...

:) josefina :) said...

LOVE your organization skills! I remember how impressed I was when I saw your playroom :)