Monday, September 27, 2010

Active Math

The other day, the sun was shining and the kids were extra wiggly so I thought of a way to get outside and still do math.

I took our sidewalk chalk and wrote the numbers 1 to 100 on the driveway.

Then I got the flashcards. Addition for Jacob and multiplication for Micah.

The first thing I had Jake do was hop and call out all the even numbers and Micah did the odds.

Then I would show them a flashcard and they would have to run and stand on the number that was the answer to the problem.

Jake found the right number and was pretty excited!

It was such a fun way for them to practice their math facts and it got their wiggles out so we could go back in the classroom and do some reading!

2 comments:

Darrick said...

Your a great teacher. That was a great idea.

KellyR said...

Jenn. Awesome idea. This one will be borrowed one day:) Thanks for sharing.