Monday, September 27, 2010

Homegrown and Homemade

Since it is now Fall and the temperature is dropping, some of the plants in our garden are starting to die but some of the plants are still producing. Like our yellow squash! We were able to pick three medium sized ones.

This is the first time I ever made up my own receipe. I cooked some onion and garlic in olive oil, then added some chicken. I then added the yellow squash, sugar snap peas and broccoli. I stirred in a little of Panda Express Orange Chicken Sauce and let it all simmer.
While that cooked I baked my homemade french bread that I made earlier in the day.

The kids surprised me. They LOVED it and ate everything, there was nothing left over. They said it was the best meal I ever made and that I should make it every Monday night!

No comments: