Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blessings

What would we do without friends? Every Thursday night since Darrick has left, the Alvine Family has brought us dinner. We are talking for almost 6 months people!!! Sometimes they stay and eat with us and sometimes they just drop it off. We met the Alvine Family through Bethany and have been in an adoption support group with them. They do not live close to us, at least 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic and every week they make the drive to bless us. It is so nice having that one night off from cooking! We love you guys! The picture above is from our dinner last Thursday: Potato Soup in sourdough bread bowls-amazing!

And I have to mention my dear friend Nicole Leonard. She lives in California and we became great friends while we lived there. I call her my soul sister because we are so alike in so many ways, it's scary. In December I got a package in the mail from her. Upon opening it I found a new book to read, a Starbucks gift card and a letter explaining that she had arranged childcare for me with a gift certificate to spend some time at a local spa! I was speechless. She had to contact Darrick, who got her in contact with one of my friends here and they set the whole thing up. I went to the spa last Saturday with Jenn T and we had a great time. We had wonderful pedicures and then sat by a fire relaxing and talking. Thank you Nicole!

On top of how amazing everyone at our church has been to us, we are just so blessed and well taken care of!

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

I love you Jenn!!

Dinner every Thursday? What a blessing! And what dedicated friends!