Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentines Day! Just in case you did not know, today is my favorite day of the year! It is my favorite holiday, red is my favorite color and I love hearts. It is very important to me to tell those I love, how much I love them and how much they mean to me. Yes it is something to do everyday but it is really fun once a year to say it in some extra special ways.

Naomi and I were surprised on Saturday when we got 2 boxes delivered. They were from Darrick: a heart bamboo plant for me and pink roses for Naomi.

One tradition that we started last year was that Darrick gets the girls presents and I get the boys presents. Nothing crazy but just a little something to say I love you and you are special to me.
I started out today attempting to make heart shaped pancakes for the kids. I first tried pouring the batter into cookie cutters on the griddle but that was a huge mess. So I went with pouring them free style. I also whipped up some mango, blackberry and banana smoothies.

At lunch I made PB&J sandwiches with heart shapes.

And dinner marked our 2nd annual Candle light Valentines Day Dinner. The kids were super excited!

What would dinner be without Flat Daddy?

I served bow tie pasta with a choice of Alfredo sauce or marinara, salad, homemade bread and a choice of sparkling apple cider or grape apple cider.

For dessert we had some awesome homemade treats! Chocolate covered strawberries or frozen chocolate dipped banana slices.

After dinner we played two rounds of kids Cadoo. It was really fun.

Darrick was able to call today. It was so good to hear his voice. I miss him so much today. I miss him more today then I did at Christmas. But he had good news. He booked and purchased his ticket to come home on leave. He will be here in 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

awesome! Your day sounded really good! Darcie and I wish we could have been there! :)

Nicole Leonard said...

What a beautiful day! I'm SOOOOOOO thrilled that you guys will get to see Darrick in just a few weeks!!!! What a wonderful Valentine's Day present! :)