Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Super Nanny

I have always been a huge fan of the show "Super Nanny". I have learned so much from her and totally agree with her techniques.

Recently my mom emailed me to tell me to make sure I watch the next episode called "The Merrill Family". It is about a mom whose husband is deployed for a year and she is at home with their 4 adopted children.

So many times during this episode I felt like I was watching myself. The mom would say things that reflected things I feel, like her belief that she needs to do it all and be perfect. She needs to hold it together at home so her husband doesn't have to worry.

The scenes with the kids crying for Daddy broke me and let me see what we are going through as someone on the outside looking in.

Then to top it off they have adoption to deal with...just like us.

I cried when the mom dealt with disciplining them and how that affects their attachment. I am and have dealt with the same feelings. It is such a fine line.

Please watch it, if you have time, and let me know what you think!

No comments: