Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Part Three

March 15: Today at 1:30 we met with Sharon at the Windermere office. We asked her a bunch of questions and we felt comfortable and satisfied with her answers. So we went ahead and filled out all the paperwork for a Purchase & Sale Agreement. We offered them $209,000 (which is $500 less then the asking price) and that they pay the closing costs. The offer expires March 16 with a closing date of July 1 or sooner. After we signed everything she took us to the house so the boys could see it and we did not get to see inside the garage the first time because Sharon had the wrong key. The boys loved it and I fell even more in love with it! Darrick took a bunch of measurements and we saw the garage. Before we left we took the kids across the walking bridge which is right outside of our front yard. When we got to the other side we stopped and prayed as a family. We asked God to bless us with this house. At 8:30 pm, Sharon called and said she set up an appointment with the seller for 11:00 am tomorrow. She told the seller that she has an offer that she is really going to like but no other details.


March 16: The seller accepted our offer!!! Sharon called Darrick around 1 pm to give him the good news. The seller was really pleased that the offer was from a family. Sharon called Darrick while he was at the Children's Museum with Naomi for her Daddy Date. When he came to pick the boys and I up from their class he was trying to hide his excitement so he could surprise me but as soon as I saw him I knew. He had the hugest smile on his face. Our next stop was the Windermere office to pick up the paperwork from Sharon. She was so thrilled! I was on my cell phone telling my parents our good news and Sharon came all the way out to the car to hug me. She asked me to call her on Friday so we can set up the inspection for next week. While the kids were all in class this morning Darrick and I went to Lowes and dreamed... When we got back home we decided that it was time to call Rose, our landlord, and talk about breaking our lease. We were nervous because she has every right to enforce the lease until it expires in September. Darrick did the calling and Rose said she is happy for us and will let us terminate our lease early! Thank You God, we can see Your Hand in this!


March 18: Darrick left today. I called Sharon this afternoon. Before we even talked about the house she asked me how I am doing since Darrick left. Then we set up an appointment for the inspection which will be on March 23.


March 21: Started packing up the guestroom. Listed bedroom set on Craigslist for $200.


March 22: Someone called and bought the bedroom set. I finished packing the guestroom and moved onto the classroom. We stopped at the Aquatic Center at Forest Park to check it out. It has an amazing indoor pool. We also stopped by the house because Darrick asked me to see if the changed the For Sale sign to pending, they hadn't. But there was a couple in front of the house looking at it . They then went up to the sign and called a number on their cell. I felt a bit possessive like "Hey, that is our house!" The kids said the same thing!

4 comments:

:) josefina :) said...

We are so excited for you guys! Praying alongside you for the house, the transition, and everything!
<3

The Gonzalez Family said...

So HAPPY for you guys!

The Gonzalez Family said...

ooops. that is from me jen homesley=) i was still signed in to beth's blogger. ooops!

KellyR said...

Yay! So excited for you. Now I need to figure out how I can get home to help you move.