I have been wanting to get Darrick's name for awhile now. One night while we were talking on the phone we decided to get each other's name on our left wrists.
We went to Anvil Tattoo, which had been recommended to us. I was a bit nervous so I thought I should go first. The guy who did our tattoos just got a new tattoo on his neck before he did ours which is why he has a huge bandage on his head.
I kept a smile on my face but it definitely hurt. It felt like he was carving Darrick's name into my skin with a needle and ripping it. Darrick said to me "That is what he is doing!" Hmmm, I guess that is why it felt like that. Thankfully it was over in 10-15 minutes. I got Darrick's name in a beautiful script and then 3 hearts-one for each of our kids. I love it and look at it all the time!
Our Tattoo Artist explained to us that in the Tattoo World the correct way to place a tattoo on you is for it to be facing away from you. I did not like that idea. I do not want to spend the rest of my life looking at Darrick's name upside down so I went the non-traditional way. Darrick went with traditional. What do you think? Have you ever wanted to get a tattoo? Of what? Or if you have one what is it of?
4 comments:
Oh Wow! I'm so happy that Darrick was home spending time you! So happy! Love the tattoos! I would do the non-traditional way too - good choice!
I always wanted a tattoo of a few stars either on my ankle or my wrist. It will probably never happen though! Beth
Oh my goodness! I have never ever ever wanted a tattoo! WOW - I am glad it makes you both happy!
I did my wrists the non-traditional way too. It means more to me that I can see it. I have my tats there to be a reminder to me, not for others. Who cares if I'm not following the "tattoo" etiquette?! Glad you like yours!!! (I like it too!) Going to get more in the future? They're addictive! ;)
Post a Comment