Thursday, July 18, 2013

Surgery

Monday, I had my surgery.  I had to check in at 11:45 am but it took a little while for them to call me back.  One of the first orders of business is to change out of your clothes and into one of their gowns and a pair of cool socks.
I am usually cold but this gown had the neatest thing!  They hook a hose up to it and the gown has pockets through out it.  The pockets fill up with warm air and keep you feeling toasty!  I loved it but I felt huge because I was all puffed up.

After my IV's were in and I answered a ton of questions we waited.  The surgeon came in and then the anesthesiologist .  The last thing I remember was kissing Darrick and something being put into my IV.  Apparently, on the way to the operating room I said, "Let's have a Uterus Party!"  How embarrassing.

The next thing I remember is asking to see my husband.  I was not really awake but I knew if I could see Darrick I would be okay.


This is how I looked when Darrick saw me.  Looking good, huh?  I was really bothered by all equipment on me.  I guess I even tried to get Micah to take my catheter out.  The one bonus was that I had a beautiful view from my room and we saw a gorgeous sunset.











Later that night, they wanted me to walk around.  I hobbled down to the nurses station and back!  Yeah me!  The white things on my legs are compression tights they put on me to prevent blood clots.


Darrick and Micah left about 10 pm.  I slept on and off all night but it was hard to get comfortable.  I was having some pain medicine so I was not hurting too bad. 

Around 7 am I was able to order breakfast.  There were not very many gluten free choices so I had scrambled eggs, a pineapple, a banana and a yogurt.  By 10 am I was cleared to go home!

No comments: