Friday, July 26, 2013

Thankful

As I write this, I am sitting alone in my living room eating a Peanut Butter Cookie Lara Bar reflecting.  Hey wait...it's Friday afternoon, you may say, how can she be alone?  Don't panic!

Darrick and the boys left a little while ago for the annual Cadet camp out and Naomi spent the night last night at Miss Debbie's house and has not returned yet.

There is a nice breeze blowing in the window and this is my gorgeous view:
That is what I see when I look out my living room window, and apparently Oliver is enjoying the breeze and view too.  I am thankful for beauty.  Blue skies, green trees, and beautiful flowers.

I cut three flowers this morning to put on my kitchen window sill.
I found that cute flower holder at Michael's last year, it is perfect for fresh summer flowers.

I am thankful for Cadets.  Cadets is like Boy Scouts with a CRC foundation.  My brothers all went Cadets and I am so thankful that we attend a church that has it.  Ever since we started going to Everett CRC the boys have attended Cadets.  They met twice a month during the school year and then they have a big camp out in the summer with all the other Cadets in the area.  I am thankful that Darrick is home this year to go with them.

I am thankful for people who care about me.  I have received so many phone calls, messages, cards, flowers, visits, and meals in the past 2 weeks.
When you are sitting on the couch, healing, it is so comforting to know that you are cared about and loved.

I am thankful for people who invest in my children''s lives.  They love them and pray for them and even care for them when I cannot.  To me investing in a child's life will not return void.  For example, Miss Debbie, who has grown kids of her own, called the other day and offered to take Naomi overnight.  She is a loving and energetic Christian Woman, who Naomi adores.  She bakes and cooks with Naomi, they craft and sew (right now they are working on a skirt for Naomi).  She is investing in Naomi, making little deposits into her bank and filling her up.  What a gift.



No comments: