Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Micah

We are not sure when it happened but right before our eyes Micah turned into a boy instead of a little boy.

This weekend Darrick looked at me with tears in his eyes from just watching Micah and asked me where our little guy went.

Today at swimming lessons he tried swimming without any flotation devices. He has come so far since his first lesson when he wouldn't even get in the 1 ft. pool.

After swim lessons we went to the commissary and Micah had to go to the bathroom so we headed for the girls room and he said "No mom, I want to go in the boys". My first thought was "But I can't go with you!" And it guess the reality is that was the point-I'm a big boy now and I can do this by myself. I waited right outside the door (I probably looked like a stalker). He came out and said "Mom, they play nice music in there" and I said "Did it help you pee?" and he said "yep". So simple yet, I wanted him to come out and say "Mom it was scary in there and I like going with you so much better!"

I love being a mom but it is so hard to let go of them and let them grow up...

2 comments:

Lee Jones said...

Not having children, I do not understand a lot of child-rearing milestones. I'm trying to experience that vicariously through you guys!

I think I'm happy that Micah is growing up!

Nicole Leonard said...

I'm happy that Micah is becoming such a big boy. But I can totally sympathize with the whole wanting him to still NEED YOU thing. I'm sure I'll be like that with Kaitlyn...