Friday, July 15, 2005

We're Back!

No we didn't go anywhere, but we have been really busy and the past few nights Darrick has been working on his online course, which he needs the computer for. Here are some highlights from the past few days:

At swimming lessons on Wednesday, Micah swam a little just holding the noodle, without it tied behind his back. But at the end of the lesson he was on the step with no flatation devices on. Jacob wanted Kristi and I to watch him jump. Somehow Micah feel off the step and into the pool underwater. But the awesome thing was that he got himself back to the step and out of the water. Writing it now it sounds like minutes but he was so quick maybe 5 or 10 seconds. Kristi was really proud of him too!

Thursday we attended the USS Hopper picnic at Foster Point on Hickam Airforce Base. The ship put it on and it was so fun. They had lots of stuff for the kids: bounce house, squirt guns, water balloons, pinatas, and face painting, the boys had a blast. For us they had free 30 minute massages. I got one and it was so great. The food was really good too.

Last night I attended a meeting at the Fleet and Family Services. It was "How to get your Family Support Group up and running". I went with the president of our group (Hopper Ohana) and the captain's wife. We learned a lot and are excited to see what happens. It was good to hear about all the other groups and their ideas.

This afternoon the boys and I braved the commissary even though today was pay day and it was bad like usual. But the boys did great and I bought them strawberry milk and goldfish for the car ride home since they did good. This was their first time drinking it and they loved it! I told them that Papa loves Strawberry milk (I hope that is right Dad, because they want to drink it with you when we come to CA!) I tried a sip but it brought back horrible memories. When I was little I wanted Strawberry Shortcake Cereal. Finally my mom bought it and I ate it. Now I don't know if it was the taste or I was sick but I threw it all up!

We are looking forward to the weekend! Hope you have a good one!

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

I take it the base families storm the commissary on pay day? I remember being able to buy comics in Taiwan from the commissary... fond memories!