Our day started off with us going in different directions. I dropped Darrick and the boys off at the field for a 9 am soccer game, and I went to a board meeting for the Hopper Ohana. When we were done with our meeting I picked Darrick and the boys up and we went to the commissary for just a few items.
On the way home I was telling Darrick that I still didn't feel good and the medication was almost out. So we took me to the weekend clinic. The dr. said different kinds of bacteria can cause a bladder infection and it often is hard to tell which one and give the right antibiotic. So he perscribed me a second antibiotic and said if I don't feel better by Tuesday I need to come back.
From there we wanted to do something as a family since the boys were in the house all week with a sick mommy. We went to the Hawaii Maritime Center. We were excited to find out that it is part of Bishop Museum because we have an annual pass and got in for free instead of paying $16.00! Darrick, Micah and I each got a headset. We loved it so much and learned a lot. I would highly recommend it. It has little bits and pieces of history , Capt. Cook, whaling, cruise ships, etc. I love to watch Micah because he is like a sponge and is just drinking in all the knowledge. The boys favorite part though was when we got to go on The Falls of Clyde-a four masted sailing ship built in 1878. They were convinced that it was a pirate ship. Micah came to me and said "Mom I wish we could really sail on this ship with the pirates!" They got so excited when we went below the deck and they had some old trunks stacked and they decided that was where the treasure was.
We walked around the stores by Aloha Tower a little and saw the bird man. He has all these beautiful exotic birds that he will put on you and then take your picture (For $ of course) but when he had no customers he put a bird on each of the boys shoulders. Then he tells us that these certain birds are for sale. And that was just what Micah wanted to hear. He has been wanting a dog for a while but now it is a bird.
We were all tired and headed for home. So now the boys are sleeping, I am writing our blog and Darrick is out. What could he be doing all by himself on a Saturday night? Guess you will have to check back tomorrow and see-any guesses?
Saturday, August 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment