Well the last day I posted was Thursday. And by Friday afternoon we got a call from my brother Dave and his wife Laura that they were in the hospital to have their baby! We were so surprised because their due date was not until November 8! Little Elijah David Gutierrez was born at 6:07 pm on Friday night. So we headed to LA to see the newest little miracle. And boy is he cute!
Saturday the boys and I had a day out. A Christian Bookstore was premiering the newest VeggieTales movie "Lord of the Beans" evey hour so we went to watch it. While we were there I bumped into my friend Susan and her kids. So we all went to lunch together at Carl's Jr. From there the boys and I went to Barnes and Noble for a special Halloween Storytime with Max the Bunny from Max and Ruby. After the storytime we sat in the warm sun and drank some Starbucks (non coffee) drinks and read stories. Then we went back to my parents and carved pumpkins.
Sunday we went to church with my parents so that we could go visit Dave, Laura and Elijah. They came home from the hospital that afternoon so we also cooked dinner for them so they could just relax.
Monday was Halloween. At night we went to my Aunt Belinda's house for dinner and then Trick or Treating. Micah was Batman and Jacob was Robin, they were really cute.
Yesterday morning we went to visit my Grandpa and Grandma Vanderbilt. We always have peppermint tea with yummy banana bread and cookies.
Today the boys and I went to Target and I just have to say that I am so tired of people who think they know how to parent my boys. I was changing Jacob's diaper in the restroom and this lady comes in. I was completely minding my own business and she asks how old Jacob is. I say 2 and she goes "Oh well I guess it is ok, I thought he was older and he needs to be potty trained" then she starts on Micah "How old are you, shouldn't you be in school?". I just bit my tongue because she was pretty fiesty and rude and I didn't want to get into it with her. But what makes people think they know what is best and why do they feel compelled to give me their opinions. It is not the first time this has happened to me. I have been given unwanted advice on pacifiers, bottles and even discipling. It is just so judgemental and rude.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
dude. I'm with you. that's lame.
how rude! you should have punched her right in the nose! (TOTALLY kidding!) :o) That must have been a tough situation though, especially with your boys right there. Sorry you had to go through that...again. ;o) But Target still rules, right?!
Is that a pic of Sam's tattoo in his Blogger profile?
Totally! I was wondering why you guys weren't there Sunday...
Post a Comment