
This picture was taken Thursday morning-the first morning we all needed to get out the door by 7:15am. And we did it-we actually have done it successfully 2 days in a row now! After we get out the door, we first drop Jacob off at Miss Jackie's house and then second Micah and I drive to school. I first bring him to his class and then I go clock in for work and get ready for my day.
My official job is going to start on Monday. I will be going into each 3rd and 5th classroom everyday and helping the students who tested just below proficiency to try to help them meet proficiency. But this week I went around to all the grades in all the classrooms and helped out where I could. I love being back at school and in the classroom interacting with students. It is also really different for me because growing up I went to private school 1st grade thru college and when I taught before I always taught in Christian schools.
One thing that I do think that is really cool is that since 70% of the families are military every morning when the flag goes up and every afternoon when the flag goes down, they play colors and everyone on campus freezes and turns toward the flag.
My parents also left on Thursday. They were here for 3 weeks and I cannot even tell you how much they helped. We were sad to see them go but our next visitor will be here is 2 1/2 weeks...is it you?
2 comments:
Kudos to you, Jenn! I wouldn't be able to make it out the door by 7:15 am, that's for sure! :o)
Hey, we are out the dorr at our house by 7:15 each morning too! :) It's different but I love it so far!
Post a Comment