Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Craig's List

Has anyone out there tried Craig's List? I would describe it as an online yard sale. When you look up stuff it is best to look in your local area. It has so many different catagories. Then you contact the seller and you pay and pick it up.


There are some things in our house that are just not going to fit in our new house so we thought we would try it. And so far today we have made $75.00! We put a few different items and two have sold! We sold a stereo for $50.00 and a collection of Mr. Potato Toys with accessories for $25.00!

This is a pic of the Potato Head collection
This could become addicting! I find myself looking around the house saying, "I could sell that and that and that!" Some of the items we were just going to give to the Goodwill so we are glad we tried this!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny! I just sold a CD rack for $20 today in fact! I have lots of stuff I would like to put up, I never thought about the toys! Good idea!

Gina said...

We love Craigs List...I have found lots of furniture, kids clothes, etc. and we have sold a bunch of things as well. We even found a babysitter and a couple of odd jobs for Mike, which have come at the perfect time when we've needed a little extra money! So we've started calling it God's List... :) I hope you continue to have fun with it!

Gina said...

Oh! And our dog! How could I forget her?? :)

Nicole Leonard said...

I LOVE Craigslist! I've sold and purchased quite a few things. Most recently I sold some tickets I won in a sweepstakes. So glad you found CL and good luck with your sales! :)

Nellie said...

Love Craig's List. We have also bought furniture, kids stuff, lawn mower, etc. etc. I can't even tell you how many tools my husband has bought from CL (granted, he is a carpenter..) We were just talking about selling some things as well. Glad you are making money with it!

Unknown said...

Hey Jenn, I have never used Craig List's, but my friends have and I always wanted to try it. Maybe I will now. Also, I got a job at Starbucks, my couins resturaunt that opens in late october, and tutoring an autistic boy. I should all get started next week hopefully!